I wanted to say the state of work is in flux these days due to the pandemic, but I have to admit that work is always in a state of flux, regardless of what is going on in the world. Here’s eight pieces that reflect that:
- According to VOX, employees don’t want to return to the office . If the pandemic had lasted less than a year, we might not have seen this. But two years later, many people have adjusted and settled.
- Still, some are going back to the office. It will be interesting how this looks in a year.
- For those working at home, try and find an employer that does not use such surveillance. Such companies do not care about you at all.
- If you are going to look for a new job, here’s how to get your resume past the robots .
- If you are considering how to balance work and non-work, here may be the best thing ever written about “work-life balance” according to Austin Kleon .
- Whatever you do, do not write open letters complaining about your employer, especially AT WORK. Sheesh. I know I am old, but this is a terrible idea and I am not surprised that SpaceX fired the open letter writers.
- Here’s a good piece on how the billable hour is a trap into which more and more of us are falling. For some jobs, the billable hour is important. But find other ways to show your value to your clients, your employer and your co-workers.
- And finally, whatever you do, remember that you are more than your job title.