Read this list. Pick three. Do them. Your life will be better.
Why three? No reason, other than to make it seem possible. Skip three and just do one. That’s a good start. Or do one every two weeks for the next year. Whatever works for you.
From dealing with difficult people to doing things better, here’s dozens of pieces on how to live better.
- Don’t treat love or leisure like a job | Life and style | The Guardian – good advice. I found that non-work activities that I treated like work became less enjoyable. If this sounds like you, read this.
- MJ Ryan Mantras For Dealing With Difficult Times – everyone can use this at one time or another in their lives
- End the Tyranny of 24/7 Email – The New York Times – what goes for email should also go for social media, Slack, etc. Improve your life: get offline more often.
- 7 Rules That Keep My Life Simple : zen habits – simple is often
- Relationship Problems? Try Getting More Sleep – The New York Times – sometimes the best approach is to start with the basics: sleep, diet, exercise.
- How to Write a Book: 10 Ridiculously Simple Steps – well, not exactly. But a good reminder on how the mechanics of book writing are important.
- Choose to Be Grateful. It Will Make You Happier. – The New York Times – if not grateful, then appreciative.
- Pmarchive – Guide to Personal Productivity – odd, but interesting.
- Achieve Goals By Gamifying Them – 99U if you like games, a good approach
- A psychologist explains the limits of human compassion – Vox – a reminder to give yourself a break if you are beating yourself up for not doing more
- Turning Negative Thinkers Into Positive Ones – NYTimes.com – this is good.
- Inbox Zero trick: How to clean out your inbox on Gmail and start the year fresh. | Cool Mom Tech – smaller inbox, happier life
- 10 Life Lessons to Excel in Your 30s | Mark Manson – 30 somethings, take note
- The Alan Kazdin Method for Making Your Children Behave – The Atlantic – advice for parents
- I’ve started responding to recruiters with this list of requirements · GitHub – how to deal with recruiters. Good idea.
- Résumé tips for Wall Street internships – Business Insider – I can’t recommend this, but for those who want that life.
- How to Start Running – Well Guide to Running for Beginners – Well Guides – The New York Times – plenty of good resources for new and experienced runners here.
- Make Yourself Note-able – who writes, rules.
- What Productivity Systems Won’t Solve – good advice, especially for those busy yet feeling stuck.
- 11 Ways to Write Better | The Minimalists – I am surprised the minimalists had this many 🙂
- Biggest goal setting mistake people make, according to Amy Cuddy – Business Insider – if you feel goal setting isn’t working, read this.
- Better Together – Kara’s Inspiration | Oiselle Running Apparel for Women – inspiration from one of my favorite athletes.
- How I Got My Attention Back | WIRED – in the Internet era, your attention is valuable. Keep hold of it.
- How to Be a Stoic | The New Yorker
- I Have 15 ideas To Change Your Life. Do you Have 5 Minutes? -sure you do. So read this.
- Tips for Minimal Living and Decor | Apartment Therapy – good advice on how to live minimally.
- The Life Balance Wheel: A Printable Tool to Find Harmony at Home | Apartment Therapy – a good technique. Replace things on the wheel with things you value most.
- You Should Work Less Hours—Darwin Did – see? now you have a reason to do this.
- How to Get to Know Someone: 53 Great Questions to Ask — Gentleman’s Gazette – for those of you that find getting to know people hard.
- Actually, we can buy happiness | Oliver Burkeman | Life and style | The Guardian – a good contrarian take on things
- Do These 5 Emotionally Intelligent Things Within 5 Minutes Of Meeting Someone – also good.
- When an Argument Gets Too Heated, Here’s What to Say – good to know.
(Image from Wikihow)