From dealing with difficult people to doing things better, here’s dozens of pieces on how to live better.
- Don’t treat love or leisure like a job | Life and style | The Guardian – good advice. I found that non-work activities that I treated like work became less enjoyable. If this sounds like you, read this.
- MJ Ryan Mantras For Dealing With Difficult Times – everyone can use this at one time or another in their lives
- End the Tyranny of 24/7 Email – The New York Times – what goes for email should also go for social media, Slack, etc. Improve your life: get offline more often.
- 7 Rules That Keep My Life Simple : zen habits – simple is often
- Relationship Problems? Try Getting More Sleep – The New York Times – sometimes the best approach is to start with the basics: sleep, diet, exercise.
- How to Write a Book: 10 Ridiculously Simple Steps – well, not exactly. But a good reminder on how the mechanics of book writing are important.
- Choose to Be Grateful. It Will Make You Happier. – The New York Times – if not grateful, then appreciative.
- Pmarchive – Guide to Personal Productivity – odd, but interesting.
- Achieve Goals By Gamifying Them – 99U if you like games, a good approach
- A psychologist explains the limits of human compassion – Vox – a reminder to give yourself a break if you are beating yourself up for not doing more
- Turning Negative Thinkers Into Positive Ones – NYTimes.com – this is good.
- Inbox Zero trick: How to clean out your inbox on Gmail and start the year fresh. | Cool Mom Tech – smaller inbox, happier life
- 10 Life Lessons to Excel in Your 30s | Mark Manson – 30 somethings, take note
- The Alan Kazdin Method for Making Your Children Behave – The Atlantic – advice for parents
- I’ve started responding to recruiters with this list of requirements · GitHub – how to deal with recruiters. Good idea.
- Résumé tips for Wall Street internships – Business Insider – I can’t recommend this, but for those who want that life.
- How to Start Running – Well Guide to Running for Beginners – Well Guides – The New York Times – plenty of good resources for new and experienced runners here.
- Make Yourself Note-able – who writes, rules.
- What Productivity Systems Won’t Solve – good advice, especially for those busy yet feeling stuck.
- 11 Ways to Write Better | The Minimalists – I am surprised the minimalists had this many 🙂
- Biggest goal setting mistake people make, according to Amy Cuddy – Business Insider – if you feel goal setting isn’t working, read this.
- Better Together – Kara’s Inspiration | Oiselle Running Apparel for Women – inspiration from one of my favorite athletes.
- How I Got My Attention Back | WIRED – in the Internet era, your attention is valuable. Keep hold of it.
- How to Be a Stoic | The New Yorker
- I Have 15 ideas To Change Your Life. Do you Have 5 Minutes? -sure you do. So read this.
- Tips for Minimal Living and Decor | Apartment Therapy – good advice on how to live minimally.
- The Life Balance Wheel: A Printable Tool to Find Harmony at Home | Apartment Therapy – a good technique. Replace things on the wheel with things you value most.
- You Should Work Less Hours—Darwin Did – see? now you have a reason to do this.
- How to Get to Know Someone: 53 Great Questions to Ask — Gentleman’s Gazette – for those of you that find getting to know people hard.
- Actually, we can buy happiness | Oliver Burkeman | Life and style | The Guardian – a good contrarian take on things
- Do These 5 Emotionally Intelligent Things Within 5 Minutes Of Meeting Someone – also good.
- When an Argument Gets Too Heated, Here’s What to Say – good to know.
(Image from Wikihow)
These are excellent! May I add one more?
Make time to spend alone with nature. (minimum of 20 mins)
You’ll be amazed how it “rewires your brain”. I like to think of it as a “brain system restore point”. 🙂
A good addition!