It’s long past time to write about IT stuff I’ve been working on. So much so I’ve too much material to provide, and rather than make an endless post, I’ll focus on cloud. I’ve mostly been doing work on IBM cloud, but I have some good stuff on AWS and Azure (Sorry GCP, no love for you this time.)
IBM Cloud: most of the work I’ve been doing on IBM cloud has been hands on, as you can tell from these links:
- Here’s a good guide to getting started on IBM cloud, even if you know a lot about IBM cloud.
- Want to get started with Terraform on IBM Cloud? Read that.
- Here’s a good repo for terraform scripts for IBM Cloud: GitHub – terraform-ibm-modules/terraform-ibm-vpc-vsi: Terraform Module repo. Relatedly, here’s how to manage worker nodes with terraform.
- Here’s how to setup a virtual machine or virtual appliance. I found that useful.
- This is good if you want to know how to automate the Backup and Restore of Cloud Instances with Snapshots.
- Tags in the cloud are useful. This shows why: Characteristics of User and Access Tags on IBM Cloud.
- If you want help deploying environments in IBM Cloud, there’s this. Also this: How do I setup different environments for a given solution in IBM Cloud. Relatedly, this: Best practices for organizing users teams applications, and this: Resource sharing across accounts
- Here’s how to deploy a globally distributed web app on your domain with code engine and cloud internet services.
- This will help if you want to add instance storage to an existing vpc vsi.
- If you want to know how you can connect to IBM cloud virtual server instances that have no public ip.
- Or if you need to migrate buckets from one cloud object storage instance to another.
- Here’s some stuff on IBM Cloud and VPNs. Like setting up a vpn between ibm cloud vpc and your home office. Or application deployment to a vpc with on premises jenkins through a vpn.
- If you want to deploy a simple http server to IBM cloud code engine from source code using python node and go, give that a…go. 🙂
- These IBM cloud solution tutorials were good I thought.
- If you want to know more about IBM Consulting cloud accelerator, then read this and this.
- Finally, here’s how sweapio went serverless with ibm cloud code engine here
Other clouds: Not so much hands on, but interesting.
- This was an interesting piece on building a healthcare data pipeline on AWS with IBM cloud pak for data.
- Glad to see this: Amazon S3 will now encrypt all new data with AES-256 by default.
- Here’s how deploy and manage an aws VPC with terraform.
- Finally, Azure has a new load testing service. Good to see this too.