Since April, here are a ton of links I found useful while doing my work. Lots of good stuff on Kubernetes and Cloud (both IBM’s and AWS’s); some cool hardware links; some worthwhile software links. Plus other things! Check it out.
Kubernetes: plenty of good things here to explore if you are doing things with Kubernetes like I was:
- On Scalable Kubernetes on IBM cloud
- If you need to Architect microservices on Kubernetes .
- A good tutorial: docker deploy a simple hello world html website – 4Beginner.com .
- Ingress is not obvious. This can help Kubernetes: Ingress Overview. What is Ingress?
- Running Kubernetes and the dashboard with Docker Desktop – useful if you are using Docker’s Kubernetes
- How-To: Running HA IBM DB2 on Kubernetes – Archive of the IBM Cloud Blog .
- Old but fun: Archived | Running Minecraft servers within Docker – IBM Developer .
- Set up a simple apache web server in a Docker container. Good for people starting out with Docker
- Good stuff on security .
- More good stuff: Storage Classes | Kubernetes .
- Helpful: A visual guide on troubleshooting Kubernetes deployments
- Getting Started with Kubernetes: A kubectl Cheat Sheet | DigitalOcean .
- docker deploy a simple hello world html website – 4Beginner.com .
- How To Set Up an Elasticsearch Fluentd and Kibana (EFK) Logging Stack on Kubernetes .
Terraform: Relatedly, I was doing work with Terraform and these were useful:
- How To Build a Custom Terraform Module | DigitalOcean. The folks at DigitalOcean write good tutorials.
- More terraform stuff: terraform-ibm-modules .
- Still more terraform: Getting Started with Terraform .
- Also terraform-ibm-modules .
IBM Cloud: one of the two clouds I have been working with. Alot of the work was Kubernetes on IBM Cloud so you’ll see some overlap:
- Getting started with IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service. IBM also does good tutorial.
- Here’s a good FAQs on IBM Cloud
- Niche: Upgrading from logging agent version 2 to logging agent version 3
- Helpful Getting started with Container Registry | IBM Cloud Docs .
- A good repo .
- Create an External Load Balancer with Kubernetes .
- Some good repos here Lab Overview and here: ibm_cos_bucket | Resources | IBM-Cloud/ibm | Terraform Registry
- Using Portworx to Deploy and Manage an HA MySQL Cluster on IBM Cloud Kubernetes.
- How to Use the Ingress Application Load Balancer to Expose an App Outside.
- Kubernetes Persistent Volumes Backed by IBM Cloud Object Storage Buckets.
- Fun: Build a database driven chatbot .
- Less fun but useful: Introduction to Backup and Disaster Recovery | IBM .
- Set up your ELK stack .
- Good stuff on LogDNA .
AWS: I work on alot of cloud providers. Mostly IBM Cloud but others like AWS
- How to Build a Serverless Web Application with AWS Lambda. Non trivial. That can help.
- How to do AWS API Development.Also How to build an api in aws.
- A good reference: Summary of DynamoDB QUERY parameters for AWS Lambda function | One Hardware . More:Querying for DynamoDB explained.
- AWS architecture: Draw AWS diagrams and Architecting for resiliency .
Software: some of these were work related, but some are more hobby oriented.
- How to pass JSON array in ajax JQuery with example .
- Some cool python samples .
- How to embed a live Google Docs spreadsheet into a webpage | BDNYC Also How To: Embed an editable Google Docs Sheet – Google Apps – Spiceworks .
- Programatically – Learn something new everyday!
- git – how to delete all commit history in github? – Stack Overflow .
- How to build dashboard with Bootstrap tutorial .
- How to Embed a Google Sheet in a Website .
- 61 Random APIs (2022) | ProgrammableWeb .
- Agile and the Long Crisis of Software .
Hardware: the pickings are few here
- Cool hardware from Lenovo .
- The IoT is a weird place: Insteon Abruptly Shuts Down Users Left Smart-Home-Less | Hackaday .
Finally: here are an odd assortment of things worthwhile:
- Here’s some pieces on payments: How Apple Pay works under the hood? | by Prashant Ram | codeburst, this: Interac creates ‘open’ mobile debit payment solution called Interac TSP, this: What You Need to Know About Payment Tokenization, this: Pay By Bank App: Is 2022 the year for the new payment solution to shine? and this Pay Someone – Home Federal Bank of Tennessee
- For those interested: How to move from Heroku to Render .
- Likewise: How To Upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa | DigitalOcean
- Great example of how to do RCA here: Details of the Cloudflare outage on July 2 2019 .
- Fun: Give your Mac a vintage 1984 them. Cool .
- On what is happening with Apple and old apps .
- Useful guide for BAs and Archs: Cheat Sheet – Calculate compound availability. Related: System Management by Exception: How to Calculate Availability of Clustered .
- Can algorithms speak? And should their opinions be protected? No and No.
- The best Google Font combinations to try .
- When Microsoft was King and unleashed Hailstorm. Know your history, kids.
- Bad: Best Employee Monitoring Software 2022 | TechRepublic .
- Helpful: Good piece on IBM Certification .
- Also helpful RSS Feeds – The New York Times .
- Crunch time at Google: they are now going to charge for Gsuite. Good luck with that.
- Last and least, this ding dong: How Elon Musk Winged It With Twitter and Everything Else