If you are an infrastructure person and you are trying to ramp up really quickly on Docker and Kubernetes, here are some good links to get you started:
I also have this repo on github that can help.
Is this the last word? Good lord, no. But it can help you stay in the conversation and helps you map all this stuff to networks and processes and files and VMs and services and other tech you are used to.
Here’s an assortment of 42 links covering everything from Kubernetes to GCP and other cloud platforms to IoT to Machine Learning and AI to all sorts of other things. Enjoy! (Image from the last link)
- Prometheus Kubernetes | Up and Running with CoreOS , Prometheus and Kubernetes: Deploying – Kubernetes monitoring with Prometheus in 15 minutes – some good links on using Prometheus here
- Deploying a containerized web application | Container Engine Documentation | Google Cloud Platform – a good intro to using GCP
- How to classify workloads for cloud migration and decide on a deployment model – Cloud computing news – great insights for any IT Architects
- IP Address Locator – Where is this IP Address? – a handy tool, especially if you are browsing firewall logs
- Find a Google Glass and kick it from the network – Detect and disconnect WiFi cameras in that AirBnB you’re staying in– Good examples of how to catch spying devices
- The sad graph of software death – a great study on technical deby
- OpenTechSchool – Websites with Python Flask – get started building simple web sites using Python
- Build Your Own “Smart Mirror” with a Two-Way Mirror and an Android Device – this was something I wanted to do at some point
- Agile for Everybody: Why, How, Prototype, Iterate – On Human-Centric Systems – Medium – Helpful for those new or confused by Agile
- iOS App Development with Swift | Coursera – For Swift newbies
- Why A Cloud Guru Runs Serverless on AWS | ProgrammableWeb – If you are interested in serverless, this is helpful
- Moving tech forward with Gomix, Express, and Google Spreadsheets | MattStauffer.com – using spreadsheets as a database. Good for some
- A Docker Tutorial for Beginners – More Docker 101.
- What is DevOps? Think, Code, Deploy, Run, Manage, Learn – IBM Cloud Blog – DevOps 101
- Learning Machine Learning | Tutorials and resources for machine learning and data analysis enthusiasts – Lots of good ML links
- Machine learning online course: I just coded my first AI algorithm, and oh boy, it felt good — Quartz – More ML
- New Wireless Tech Will Free Us From the Tyranny of Carriers | WIRED – This is typical Wired hype, but interesting
- How a DIY Network Plans to Subvert Time Warner Cable’s NYC Internet Monopoly – Motherboard – related to the link above
- Building MirrorMirror – more on IT mirrors
- Minecraft and Bluemix, Part 1: Running Minecraft servers within Docker – fun!
- The 5 Most Infamous Software Bugs in History – OpenMind – also fun!
- The code that took America to the moon was just published to GitHub, and it’s like a 1960s time capsule — Quartz – more fun stuff. Don’t submit pull requests 🙂
- The 10 Algorithms Machine Learning Engineers Need to Know – More helpful ML articles
- User Authentication with the MEAN Stack — SitePoint – if you need authentication, read this…
- Easy Node Authentication: Setup and Local ― Scotch – .. or this
- 3 Small Tweaks to make Apache fly | Jeff Geerling – Apache users, take note
- A Small Collection of NodeMCU Lua Scripts – Limpkin’s blog – Good for ESP users
- Facebook OCP project caused Apple networking team to quit – Business Insider – Interesting, though I doubt Cisco is worried
- Hacked Cameras, DVRs Powered Today’s Massive Internet Outage — Krebs on Security – more on how IoT is bad
- Learn to Code and Help Nonprofits | freeCodeCamp – I want to do this
- A Simple and Cheap Dark-Detecting LED Circuit | Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories – a fun hack
- Hackers compromised free CCleaner software, Avast’s Piriform says | Article [AMP] | Reuters – this is sad, since CCleaner is a great tool
- Is AI Riding a One-Trick Pony? – MIT Technology Review – I believe it is and if AI proponents are not smart they will run into another AI winter.
- I built a serverless Telegram bot over the weekend. Here’s what I learned. – Bot developers might like this.
- Google’s compelling smartphone pitch – Pixel 2 first impressions | IT World Canada News – The Pixel 2 looks good. If you are interested, check this out
- Neural networks and deep learning – more ML
- These 60 dumb passwords can hijack over 500,000 IoT devices into the Mirai botnet – more bad IoT
- If AWS is serious about Kubernetes, here’s what it must do | InfoWorld – good read
- 5 Ways to Troll Your Neural Network | Math with Bad Drawings – interesting
- IBM, Docker grow partnership to drive container adoption across public cloud – TechRepublic – makes sense
Posted in IT
Tagged AI, cloud, computers, GCP, IOT, IT, Kubernetes, machinelearning, MEAN, ML, nodeJS