Here’s 59 links (!) of things I have found interesting in tech in the last while.
It ‘s heavily skewed towards Kubernetes because that’s mostly what I have been involved with. Some stuff on Helm, since I was working on a tricky situation with Helm charts. There’s some docker and Open Shift of course, since it’s related. There’s a few general pieces on cloud. And finally at the end there’s links to a bunch of worthwhile repos.
Almost all of these links are self explanatory. The ones that aren’t…well…few if anyone but me reads these posts anyway. 🙂 Just treat it like a collection of potentially good resources.
Raspberry Pi / Pico: I have been interested in doing work with the Raspberry Pi Pico, so here are some links I liked:
Raspberry Pi Pico: Programming with the Affordable Microcontroller and Getting started with Raspberry Pi Pico – Control LED brightness with PWM | Raspberry Pi Projects and How to Use an OLED Display With Raspberry Pi Pico | Tom’s Hardware.
I am interested in getting bluetooth working with my Raspberry Pi Pico, so I am reading things like Bluetooth serial communication with Mac, JY-MCU Bluetooth and Arduino | Cy-View and How to: Setup a bluetooth connection between Arduino and a PC/Mac | ./notes and Cheap BlueTooth Buttons and Linux – Terence Eden’s Blog
Not a Pico, but I am also interested in doing work with the ATTTiny 85 chip, so I saved this: How to Program an ATtiny 85 Digispark : 8 Steps – Instructables
Here’s two projects I am interested in. Using a Pico to press a key on the Mac using bluetooth: How to run an AppleScript with a keyboard shortcut on macOS while here is a fun project – Making an Email-Powered E-Paper Picture Frame–
Here’s some cool MIDI projects with a Pico: this one, NEW GUIDE: Modal MIDI Keyboard @adafruit @johnedgarpark #adafruit #midi « Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers, this Code the Modal MIDI Controller | Modal MIDI Keyboard | Adafruit Learning System, and this Build smart, custom mechanical keyboards for MIDI – or really tiny Ableton Live control – CDM Create Digital Music
Kubernetes/OpenShift / Containers: I’ve been doing more and more work on K8S and OpenShift and found these useful…
- How to autoscale your applications with Openshift – Mastertheboss
- A preliminary study on openshift’s pod automatic scaling – Programmer Sought
- The Art of Quotas in OpenShift/k8s | by Dale Bingham | Medium
- How to setup OpenShift Locally on Mac OS | by Yann Mulonda | The Startup | Medium
- The 17 Ways to Run Containers on AWS – Last Week in AWS
- An introduction to local development with containers – Increment: Development
Cloud: some advanced cloud knowledge here:
- Disaster Recovery (DR) Architecture on AWS, Part IV: Multi-site Active/Active | AWS Architecture Blog
- Automate the Backup and Restore of Cloud Instances with Snapshots | IBM
Software Development: here’s some random dev links:
- Progressive Web Apps are competing with the Apple App Store
- Pondering Prolog – YouTube
- Considering Vue.js? Here are 5 reasons you’ll love it – TechRepublic
- Python, C and Java all compete for the most popular programming language in new poll « Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers!
General: finally here are some interesting links on IT in general:
- Why Kubernetes is our modern-day COBOL, says a tech expert – TechRepublic
- Ten Windows 10 network commands everyone one should know – TechRepublic
- Why writing software is not like engineering
- Why Is Quantum Computing So Hard to Explain | Quanta Magazine
- ‘Welcome to the Mesh, Brother’: Guerrilla Wi-Fi Comes to New York – The New York Times
(Image: via NYT piece on mesh)