Here’s a cornucopia of things I have found interesting in tech in the last month. As usual, lots of cloud, some Kubernetes, DevOps and software of course, as well as IOT. Grab a drink and read!
- On the cost of cloud: The Cost of Cloud a Trillion Dollar Paradox.
- Relatedly: Why Is Cloud Computing So Complicated?
- Also: Why the cloud is so complicated is an explanation not an excuse.
- On Choosing Your VPC Endpoint Strategy for Amazon S3.
- How to optimize your Azure costs.
- For IT people: Which is the best Cloud Certification for beginners?
- A great list: A To-Do List for Every New IBM Cloud Project.
- Moves IBM has made: IBM upgrades its Big Iron OS for better cloud security and AI support.
- Helpful: A cloud services cheat sheet for AWS Azure and Google Cloud.
- For IT shops going to go hybrid cloud: A study of hosting and managing on Hybrid Multi-cloud.
- I thought this was useful: devops-a-complete-guide.
- If you need to know: Three Differences Between DevOps and SRE.
- A good intro: What Is DevOps and How Does It Work?
- Some training advice: Train at your own pace for a well-paid career in DevOps and blockchain for just $30.
- Curious about DevOps and mainframe? See Understanding how GitHub fits in a mainframe DevOps toolchain.
- Here’s a piece on GitArchitecture.
- A smart piece: Day 0/Day 1/Day 2 – the software lifecycle in the cloud age.
- As a fan of Evernote, I found this interesting: Evernote works to keep current users and tries for new ones.
- Before C, there was B: A TUTORIAL INTRODUCTION TO THE LANGUAGE B.
- For Kafka users: Understanding Kafka Topic Partitions.
- Java Devs, here’s a must read: We Crunched 1 Billion Java Logged Errors.Here‚’s What Causes 97% of Them.
- Finally, this is a good primer: How To Build a Website with HTML.
- Some good tutorials: Kubernetes tutorials: Hands-on labs with certification.
- Relatedly: KubeAcademy : Unlock your full potential with Kubernetes courses designed by experts : KubeAcademy.
- On K8S storage: The Importance of Persistent Storage in Kubernetes- OpenEBS.
- Kubernetes users, take note: Kubernetes Cloud Clusters Face Cyberattacks via Argo Workflows.
- Relatedly: Threat Alert: Market-First Container Image Built to Attack Kubernetes Clusters.
- This looks fun: E-Ink Tide and Weather Tracker. So does this: Build a Mute/Unmute Button for your Video Calls with a Raspberry Pi Pico and MicroPython.
- I love stories of what Doom can run on!
- For fans of the old NeXT, check this out: Build your own NeXT with a virtual machine close.
- Kudos to Microsoft for doing this: This Microsoft-powered AI-enabled robot cleans up cigarette butts littered on the beach!
- For architecture fans: Part 1. Envisioning the architecture.
- A fine initiative: Microsoft and Toronto non-profit partners to help firms set up workplace rapid screening program in as little as a week.
- For Chromebook users: How to fix the “cannot download file” issue in Google Drive on a Chromebook. Relatedly, How to Check Whether a Used Chromebook is Obsolete Before You Buy It.
- This is a great idea: Minimum Viable Governance. Relatedly: Minimum Viable Governance: lightweight community structure to grow your FOSS projects.
- This app is terrible: Millions of people uploaded photos to the Ever app. Then the company used them to develop facial recognition tools..
- This is frightening: Autonomous war machines could make costly mistakes on future battlefields.
- Useful IP for ecommerce people. A good STORE POLICY.
- More on ecommerce: Coffee shop owner says Shopify saved her business suggests other business owners take advantage of free tools close.
- For BigIron people: Mainframe Tips Tricks And Tutorials.
- For Linux folks: Use caution when making changes to bash configurations in Linux.
- Don’t use these passwords: Top 500 Most Common Passwords Visualized.
- That’s a nope from me: Facebook Wants Us to Live in the Metaverse.