Time once again to show what IT stuff I’ve been doing in the last few months. Some of it I can’t include here due to confidentiality reasons, and there’s some things I want to write about separately. The rest is below and worth checking out.
I’ve been looking into PyQT for a number of reasons so I found these good: How to Install PyQt for Python in MacOS?, and Python PyQt5 Tutorial – Example and Applications, and pyqt statusbar – Python Tutorial.
Here’s some useful git stuff: Merge Strategies in Git and best practices on rolling out code scanning at enterprise scale.
Finally, I’ve been getting into Neo4J and found this helpful: Neo4j and graph databases: Getting started.
This is good: iphone 14 is the most repairable since iphone 7. This is awesome: this retro punk nixie wristwatch actually uses authentic nixie tubes to tell the time. This is handy: 13 great arduino projects to try.
I love this: Nerdy Hanukkah Card! I also love the idea of making a Raspberry Pi-powered radio. More on that here: at Instructables. Also a good project: How to use Google Assistant on the Raspberry Pi.
Some other interesting essays on cloud:
- How data centers will be affected by drought.
- Is the cloud over? Nope. Anyway: Cloud magic was a nice story now with an unhappy ending in The Register
- Hedge fund manager Jim Chanos‚next big short is data centres
- Here’s how BMW uses amazon web service cloud software for connected cars.
- Let’s architect for nosql databases.
- Here’s how to use authentication apps for multifactor security
- And here’s how to select a region for your workload based on sustainability goals .
This surprised me: amazon alexa is a colossal failure on pace to lose 10 billion this year. In other news, here’s a review of amazon halo rise.
Here’s three stories. One on Zoho (how zoho became 1b company without a dime of external investment), one on Uber (uber says compromised credentials of a contractor led to data breach) and one on Sobeys (inside turmoil sobeys ransomware attack)