Well, I didn’t expect this week to be “what I find interesting in IT Week” , but here we are! I hope you have found it all useful. While the other posts were specific, these are of a general nature. From weird cool stuff to mainframes to iphones to architecture. Dig in!
IT Architecture: Here’s some tools you IT architects can use:
- A good repo with more architecture templates
- A good repo with IBM Cloud stencils
- Get certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Cloud: some cloud related stuff:
- What’s next in cloud computing
- 10 Trends in Real-World Container Use | Datadog – this was especially good
- More on AWS migration and Mainframe and aws – two good pieces related to AWS
Programming: here’s some things software and hardware folks might find interesting:
- Build Your First Twitter App Using PHP in 8 Easy Steps – PHP fans take note
- A number of things on using Beautiful soup for web scripting: this and this.
- Ansible and IBM cloud – helpful for those interested in either or both.
- Another good repo – terraform and IBM cloud
- No code / low code – an interesting idea on how AI helps with this
Finally: here’s some links that need to be seen without falling into a particular category:
- David Boggs, Co-Inventor of Ethernet, Dies at 71 – RIP
- Neats and scruffies – Wikipedia – a very useful way to divide IT people
- Weird Hidden iPhone Gestures You Probably Never Knew Existed – for power users
- Windows 3.11 – a few virtualization of it in your browser – love this!
- Slap top Mac – weird and wonderful story of cutting a Mac in Half!
- I love the Iphone SE but it is not selling well
- Hi speed internet in Canada for low income people – Good!
- Useful WebSphere Application Server Configuration Guide – Websphere is alive and kicking. Yep!