If you are an infrastructure person and you are trying to ramp up really quickly on Docker and Kubernetes, here are some good links to get you started:
I also have this repo on github that can help.
Is this the last word? Good lord, no. But it can help you stay in the conversation and helps you map all this stuff to networks and processes and files and VMs and services and other tech you are used to.
Like previous collections of IT links, this collection reflects things I am interested in or found useful recently:
- If you want to get started using APIs, I recommend this: Most Popular APIs Used at Hackathons | ProgrammableWeb
- If you want to build that web site, consider Using Twitter Bootstrap with Node.js, Express and Jade – Andrea Grandi, and this Building a Website from Scratch with ExpressJS and Bootstrap | Codementor. Also Mastering MEAN: Introducing the MEAN stack and Bluemix Mobile, Part 1: Creating a Store Catalog application – Bluemix Blog
- Or develop a mobile app like this: Create Swift mobile apps with IBM Watson services – developerWorks Courses
- I am a fan of Bluemix and Eclipse. This article ties them nicely together: IBM Bluemix – Eclipse Package Download – Neon release.
- I am also a fan of IoT these days. For fellow IoT fans, these links are good: Intro to Hardware Hacking on the Arduino — Julia H Grace and $10 DIY Wifi Smart Button | SimpleIOThings.
- Speaking of IoT, if you have been doing some work with Arduinos, you might be interested in the ESP8266. Some good info on it here ESP8266 Thing Hookup Guide – learn.sparkfun.com and a good thing to do with it, here: SimpleIOThings | Simple Do-It-Yourself Internet-of-Things Projects
- More good links related to software and application development work here Migrate an app from Heroku to Bluemix and here A Concise Introduction To Prolog, plus Building without an Ounce of Code – Part 2 – Apps Without Code Blog and this Turning a form element into JSON and submiting it via jQuery – Developer Drive
- Some interesting links pertaining to Minecraft: Can Minecraft teach kids how to code? – Safari Blog and Minecraft and Bluemix, Part 1: Running Minecraft servers within Docker.
- There’s lots of talk about AI these days, the Economist explains why artificial intelligence is enjoying a renaissance
- If you are interesting in working in IT, you might like this: How to Get a Job In Deep Learning or this: An Unconventional Guide for Getting a Software Engineering Job — Julia H Grace
- Or maybe you want start a start-up. If so, check this out: A Free Course from Y Combinator Taught at Stanford | Open Culture
- Finally, here are just a number of interesting but mostly unrelated links:
- IBM Blockchain 101: Quick-start guide for developers
- Building three-tier architectures with security groups | AWS Blog
- Performance Tuning Apache and MySQL for Drupal
- How to secure an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server
- Clean Your System and Free Disk Space | BleachBit
- Use an iPad as a Raspberry Pi display — Kano OS – YouTube
- (Software iSCSI) Configuring SAN boot on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or 6 series