I don’t recommend participating in the madness that is Bitcoin, but if you want to and you live in Toronto, then check this out: How to buy Bitcoin in Toronto.
IBM (my employer) has a great page that will get you up to speed on Blockchain. If you are interested in Bitcoin, crytocurrency, or just hot areas in IT, then you want to visit: What is blockchain? – IBM Blockchain
Like previous collections of IT links, this collection reflects things I am interested in or found useful recently:
- If you want to get started using APIs, I recommend this: Most Popular APIs Used at Hackathons | ProgrammableWeb
- If you want to build that web site, consider Using Twitter Bootstrap with Node.js, Express and Jade – Andrea Grandi, and this Building a Website from Scratch with ExpressJS and Bootstrap | Codementor. Also Mastering MEAN: Introducing the MEAN stack and Bluemix Mobile, Part 1: Creating a Store Catalog application – Bluemix Blog
- Or develop a mobile app like this: Create Swift mobile apps with IBM Watson services – developerWorks Courses
- I am a fan of Bluemix and Eclipse. This article ties them nicely together: IBM Bluemix – Eclipse Package Download – Neon release.
- I am also a fan of IoT these days. For fellow IoT fans, these links are good: Intro to Hardware Hacking on the Arduino — Julia H Grace and $10 DIY Wifi Smart Button | SimpleIOThings.
- Speaking of IoT, if you have been doing some work with Arduinos, you might be interested in the ESP8266. Some good info on it here ESP8266 Thing Hookup Guide – learn.sparkfun.com and a good thing to do with it, here: SimpleIOThings | Simple Do-It-Yourself Internet-of-Things Projects
- More good links related to software and application development work here Migrate an app from Heroku to Bluemix and here A Concise Introduction To Prolog, plus Building without an Ounce of Code – Part 2 – Apps Without Code Blog and this Turning a form element into JSON and submiting it via jQuery – Developer Drive
- Some interesting links pertaining to Minecraft: Can Minecraft teach kids how to code? – Safari Blog and Minecraft and Bluemix, Part 1: Running Minecraft servers within Docker.
- There’s lots of talk about AI these days, the Economist explains why artificial intelligence is enjoying a renaissance
- If you are interesting in working in IT, you might like this: How to Get a Job In Deep Learning or this: An Unconventional Guide for Getting a Software Engineering Job — Julia H Grace
- Or maybe you want start a start-up. If so, check this out: A Free Course from Y Combinator Taught at Stanford | Open Culture
- Finally, here are just a number of interesting but mostly unrelated links:
- IBM Blockchain 101: Quick-start guide for developers
- Building three-tier architectures with security groups | AWS Blog
- Performance Tuning Apache and MySQL for Drupal
- How to secure an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server
- Clean Your System and Free Disk Space | BleachBit
- Use an iPad as a Raspberry Pi display — Kano OS – YouTube
- (Software iSCSI) Configuring SAN boot on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or 6 series