Here are some things I’ve been interested in lately or that I found interesting. By the time you read this, some of them may even be dated, which is the nature of tech blogging!
- New Open-Source Tool Makes it Easy to Tap Into Docker, the Cloud’s Next Big Thing | WIRED – for Docker fans
- Create a modular single-page app with Vue.js and Bluemix, Part 2: Deploy your app in the cloud – I haven’t tried this yet, but if you need such a thing, this might be the way to go.
- What I learned from my son: Minecraft + Bluemix = Epic! – The developerWorks Blog – more cool Minecraft things
- Deploying APIs built via Node.js to IBM Bluemix – more good BlueMix stuff
- Hack Your Pebble Steel to Control Your Raspberry Pi | Make: – cool. I have switched over to the Apple Watch, but I think the Pebble is still great, and as a bonus it is easily hackable.
- A programming language for living cells – fascinating.
- How I Built 180 Websites in 180 days and became a YC Fellowship Founder | The Zube Blog – also fascinating. Both worth reading
- All Systems z are Go: IBM ports Google language to mainframes – mainframes are going to be with us for some time to come yet.
- The Register RegExr: Learn, Build, & Test RegEx – a good way to practice Regular Expressions
- The Truth About DevOps: “IT Isn’t Dead; It’s Not Even Dying” – ReadWrite – of course IT isn’t dying.
- Getting started with Python on IBM Bluemix – Thoughts on Cloud – good, clear piece.