Yesterday I wrote about the new glasses from Facebook from a design AND privacy point of view. Here are seven more links to articles on privacy I thought you might find worthwhile reading:
- A reminder that even if you don’t share your date with Facebook other applications do. Facebook is a terrible company and they are terrible in many ways.
- I hate any piece that talks about the “end of privacy”. However this one is an interesting exploration of how we got to where we are in the struggle to maintain privacy.
- A good piece on data security from a European viewpoint.
- More on the online surveillance we suffer. Via Wired.
- This piece was fascinating. It argues that your digital identity has three layers and that you can only protect one layer. A must read for anyone who thinks they can fully control their online identity.
- Relatedly, this article shows that having your data anonymized in not enough.
- I agree with the Privacy Commissoner: companies should get meaningful consent with regards to our personal data. .
Finally I am a fan of the writing of Justin Ling so I want to include this piece as to how Canadian elections could be hacked too.