If you do certain things on a regular basis, you should blog. For example:
- If you contribute to twitter on a regular basis, then you should consider blogging. All those tweets will be lost: your blog posts won’t.
- If you discover new ways to do things, blogging is a way for other people to find it
- If you want to demonstrate your expertise, a blog is one way to do that
- If you want to keep a historical record of parts of your life, blogging is a good way to do it
- If you find good things on the web and you want to track and comment on them, write that up in a blog post
- If you find yourself sharing the same information with others regularly, write a piece on your blog and then point people to it
- If you want to improve your writing, blogging is one way to do that
Forget about becoming famous or having a million viewers or getting rich. Just start simply and write what matters to you. Get a blog.