Here’s some pieces worth reading on China regarding to censorship, spying, and China’s approach to the world:
- Christopher Robin is banned in China for a very interesting reason.
- Here’s more on Xi Jinping.
Not that China is unique in that regard, but here’s a piece on China making people install spyware on their phones when visiting.
- Here’s something written on China and the Uyghur population.
- Along with spying, there is also the issue of censorship in China. Here’s a piece on that.
- Noah Smith writes well on China. Here’s something he wrote on on China’s popularity (his assessment is that China is not a popular country in the world).
- Finally am not sure I agree with this, but this is worth a read: on how Chinese people think differently