If you find you are depending more and more on beating your midday slump with lots of caffeine, you may want to read this:How to Beat Your Mid-Day Slump Without Caffeine. In a nutshell:
- Limit your carb intake—and hydrate
- Work while standing (and inhaling good smells)
- Turn off your phone early—and get enough sleep
- Move your body for 15 minutes
- Incorporate music and meditation
I find #1 especially hard, because I will often eat a carby treat with my afternoon coffee to keep going. But it doesn’t last long.
A variation of #4 is stretch. While you may not have much room to move around, stretching is always possible and may help you in other ways.