Sticking with yesterday’s them, here are seven good pieces on artists that I’ve read recently that are good and worth reading:
- Unlike the Basquiats, these art works of Francis Hines really were found in storage and have been released to the public (hooray)
- This is a happy story: Ernie Barnes’s Sugar Shack Painting Brings Big Price at Auction
- This is a sad one: Matthew Wong’s Life in Light and Shadow.
- David Shrigley is always interesting. I see his work everywhere on social media. You may have as well.
- Gilbert and George, here talking about their epic Covid artworks are also interesting, not the least because of their conservative views. Unlike most conservative artists, they’re brilliant.
- Last but not least, Ema Shin. That beautiful image above is of her work. You can click on the link to see more of them and to learn what is the thought behind them.