Here’s 13 links to get you started learning more about COBOL. It’s got some old school stuff and some cool cloud stuff, too.
- Here’s a good piece that should convince you to get into COBOL: I Took a COBOL Course and I Liked It
- As is this: Don’t hate COBOL until you’ve tried it | Opensource.com
- Convinced? Try this: Build your first COBOL application – IBM Developer
- Or if you are an AWS fan: toricls/cobolambda: Serverless COBOL on AWS Lambda.
- More COBOL in the cloud: Learn how to run COBOL in a cloud native way – IBM Developer
- This site has tutorials….COBOL Tutorial – Tutorialspoint
- …and syntax information: COBOL – Basic Syntax – Tutorialspoint
- Here’s some useful source code: IBM/kubernetes-cobol: A Code Pattern to teach how to run a COBOL program on Kubernetes
- Here’s some perspective: On the past, present, and future of COBOL – Increment: Programming Languages
- More source: 3 open source projects keeping COBOL alive and well | Opensource.com
- More courses: COBOL Programming Course
- More on COBOL: Open Mainframe Project Helps Fill the Need for COBOL Resources – Open Mainframe Project
- Now you’re skilled, get yourself a mainframe! Get hands-on COBOL development experience with IBM Z software trials – IBM Developer
Send me a link to your Github repo once you are done and I’ll add it here!
P.S. Here some bonus links:
- I quite liked this: Learning COBOL: A Journey for the Modern Programmer – HedgeDoc