Here’s a list of things on fitness and health I’ve been collecting that you may find useful. It’s summer: at the very least it’s a good excuse to walk more and eat salads more. 🙂
Exercise: a nice list of articles on getting in shape…
- A key exercise: Why you want to do squats …
- Why it’s good to walk and run. Seriously, walk a little.
- On how crosstraining helped this one man. If that’s your thing.
- Not all routines should be short: A 30 minute exercise routine
- Getting back into running. The weather is good for it.
- And if the weather is terrible, here’s 5 Sitting Exercises That’ll Give You a Full-Body Workout
- Putting joy back into exercise. Because exercise should be fun.
- But also a good way to slim down: Lose fat with weight training
Diet/weight loss: four pieces on losing weight
- On the dash diet
- On losing 100 pounds
- On losing weight in the pandemic
- The Best Books on Dieting – Five Books Expert Recommendations
Health in general:
- A nice piece on Sports and culture
- A good thought provoker for runners: Why We Should Embrace Post-Race Emptiness
- Two ways to get help, here, Get help with substance use and here, Getting help with mental health.
- Finally, this is amazing Small rectal cancer drug trial sees tumors disappear in 100 percent of pati– …