Sure, to make a great film, great equipment helps. But as these links (and that photo of Zach Snyder shows), you can also make a good film using the latest smart phone technology. And not just Snyder: Gondry does it too. All the links below can help you get started making films using the technology in your pocket. Your films may not be as good as those, but the sooner you start making films with what you have on hand, the better your later films will be.
- Zack Snyder Left Justice League—Then He Made an iPhone Movie – A good article, and you can see his film in this link.
- Director Michel Gondry Makes a Charming Film on His iPhone, Proving That We Could Be Making Movies, Not Taking Selfies | Open Culture – Same here: read the piece, see the film.
- Mark Duplass Takes Over The Review To Kickstart Your Film Career – more on low cost filmmaking.
- Take a Free Course on Filmmaking Featuring Brian Tufano (Trainspotting), Mike Figgis (Leaving Las Vegas) & Other Award-Winning Filmmakers | Open Culture – get advice on filmmaking here too.
- Super 8 | Kodak – finally, you can do it old school style with this technology from Kodak!