- Duchamp: I visited the Duchamp Research Portal and it is full of everything a fan of Duchamp like me would want. If you are a fan too, you have to check it out.
- Bacon: Francis Bacon: Man and Beast review. Bacon has a new show with a new angle and while I am not supportive of the review, I am highly supportive of new displays of Bacon’s work. If you can, check it out
- Hirst: Damien Hirst and the Art of the Deal. Unlike Duchamp and Bacon, I am not a fan of Hirst. I think this piece misses the point though. What Hirst is great at is not painting or sculpture. He is great at making money. That’s his art: money making.
- Thiebaud: Wayne Thiebaud Whose Paintings Were (Almost) Good Enough to Eat Dies at 101. RIP Mr Thiebaud. Unlike Hirst, you were a great painter who filled up the world with great paintings.
- Anonymous: So many great paintings are actually painted by anonymous painters you never know. Here’s a good piece on them: Without these assistants many famous artists would never complete their masterpieces.
(Image from atlasobscura.com)