If you find yourself in a cooking rut, steaming or sauteing the same basic meals, then here’s a suggestion. Make some of the pestos and dressing here (11 Easy Pesto And Salad Dressing Recipes | Chatelaine) and add them to whatever it is you are about to eat. A bowl of steamed vegetables or a plain pork chop transforms into a better meal. Later, you can mix some with mayo or yogurt and add it to a sandwich of your preference. Even a plain green salad is elevated.
(Image: Eric Putz, from a link to their web site)
This is a great piece: Not So Hot: How I Fell Out of Love With Sriracha | TASTE by David Farley. Sriracha is starting to reach the level of ubiquity that we associate with ketchup and it’s been so readily adopted that I doubt people think too much about it. If you have feelings about it — love or hate — then you want to read Farley’s piece.
Mostly good recipes, but some pieces lower down on food
- Sauces made simple: The Five Mother Sauces Every Cook Should Know, Five Sauces Everyone Should Know How to Make for Endless Meal Options, and 5 Sauces You Can Use on Everything – Cook Smarts.
- Good for fall:
- An Authentic, Maritime Fish Chowder | Laura Calder
- Lots of summer dishes here: Summer Express: 101 Simple Meals Ready in 10 Minutes or Less – NYTimes.com, here Caribbean Herb Grilled Fish and here 27 Summer Pasta Recipes
- Easy but great: Skillet roast chicken with veggies – The Globe and Mail
- A classic pasta recipe: Sicilian pasta – Chatelaine
- These look yummyBaked Vegetable Chips – Hither & Thither
- From David Lebovitz, Chicken bulgogi
- For vegetarian or those that want to be: 21 Vegetarian Burgers, Wraps, and Sandwiches to Make for Meatless Monday | Kitchn
- More cool weather food: Classic French Cassoulet Recipe – Bacon is Magic – The Best Food Around the World
- More soups! Sweet Potato Minestrone | A Cup of Jo
- These look fantastic: belgian brownie cakelets – smitten kitchen
- More D.L.: Tangerine Sorbet Recipe
- Easy but looks professional. Also tasty: Stacey Snacks: Healthy & Delicious: Cod Provencal
- For fall and winter too: Easy French Hot Chocolate | Chocolate & Zucchini
- Eat more greens with better vingaigrettes: An Easy Template for Citrus Vinaigrette, 5 Ways | Kitchn
- More Caribbean food from Chris: Roasted Tomato And Bacon Soup Recipe.
- Eat more grains: Apple Cider–Cooked Farro Recipe | Bon Appetit
- Make those herbs last: Why Freezing Is the Best Way to Preserve Cilantro | Kitchn
And now for some non-recipe related food links:
- What I learned not drinking for two years – Medium
- I hate food: For some of us, eating is just about sustenance – The Globe and Mail
- How to Start Cooking (Even If You Feel Doomed)
I have been fascinated by the idea of povera cucina. Here’s too links on it.
- POVERA CUCINA
- La Cucina Povera or the Kitchen of the Poor
(Image linked to is of chicken bulgogi from David Lebovitz.)